Rediscover the road. Right now, there are no restrictions for travelling within New South Wales, and with this gradual easing back into normality, it’s only natural that you’re itching to get back out there and rediscover the beauty that your state has to offer. While it’s important to take precautions to stay safe, here are some post-COVID-19 road trips that are fun for the whole family.
There’s certainly no shortage of natural beauty in and around Sydney and taking a road trip around some of these natural wonders is sure to inspire awe amongst the family.
- Greater Blue Mountains Drive. Take in some of Australia’s best natural scenery along the Greater Blue Mountains Drive, which covers Glenbrook, Wentworth Falls, Katoomba and more. The Greater Blue Mountains is a World Heritage Area and makes an ideal base to try out some adventure activities.
- Waterfall Way. Waterfall Way is a 185km scenic drive that links Coffs Harbour with Armidale, and has no shortage of lush rainforest and woodland to enjoy. Check out Australia’s second highest waterfall as well as some rare native animals.
Coastal road trips
Whether relaxing on white sand or jumping on a surfboard is more your thing, you can be sure to see some stunning sights on NSW coastal road trips.
- Grand Pacific Drive. Follow the coastline starting at The Royal National Park south of Sydney and explore everything from rainforests to seaside villages. No doubt the family will want to hop out of your Toyota at certain spots, to enjoy coastal walks, seaside relaxing.
- NSW hinterland adventure. For something a little different, take a coastal adventure in the NSW hinterland. You’ll get to explore increasingly tropical landscapes when you pass through the Coffs Coast, the Solitary Islands Marine Park and then onto the lush hinterland.
Explore New South Wales’ unique history and culture and teach the kids some interesting facts along the way.
- The Mighty Murray River Drive. Australia’s longest single river runs through three states but be sure to check each state’s COVID restrictions before making any interstate road trips. For now, enjoy the NSW chunk of the trip, from the Snowy Mountains through to south-western NSW.
- Broken Hill in the outback. Drive from Central NSW to Broken Hill in Outback NSW. Plan your itinerary properly, and you’ll get to discover the area’s fascinating history, go on paddle-steamer rides and even hire a houseboat.
Looking for a new Toyota. Take a virtual tour of our Toyota showrooms
If you’d like to browse new and used Toyota cars from the comfort of your home, take a virtual tour of our Phil Gilbert Toyota showrooms. You’ll be able to see the full range of our vehicles on offer, and can book a contactless test drive if you like the look of any. For further information, call us on 02 9715 9888 (for Croydon) or 02 9735 8400 for Lidcombe.