When demand outstrips supply
Those looking for new Toyota RAV4 cars for sale in Australia can expect a wait of up to 10 months for certain hybrid vehicles. This high demand signifies a palette taste change for Australia - as the RAV4 begins to overtake the Toyota Corolla hatch and sedan in terms of sales.
Further strengthening its reputation for popularity, the RAV4 was awarded News Corp’s Car of the Year in 2019, beating other strong candidates in assessment criteria that included value for money, performance, design, safety and technology.
The attractive qualities of the RAV4 have led to queues longer than those for some Ferraris. If you don’t want to wait and it’s not essential that you drive a brand-new vehicle, consider used car sales in Sydney and enjoy the safety and longevity that comes with even used Toyota cars.
Why the RAV4 is so popular
The RAV4 hype is not without substance, and the car is brimming with innovative features and technologies that have helped it earn its reputation. 2019 saw the release of fresh styling and a new suite of safety features, with popularity soaring thanks to cool characteristics such as:
- A new, lighter platform designed to deliver an enhanced driving experience
- A user-friendly, ergonomic driver cabin, with heaps of smart storage solutions
- Comfortable, soft and supportive leather-upholstered seats that look sleek and stylish
- It uses Toyota’s signature performance technology with petrol and hybrid options
- Fuel efficient and easy to recharge
- Voice-activated infotainment system that features a JBL sound system, 7” touch screen and up to 5 USB ports
- Smart entry and start systems for the GXL, Cruiser and Edge grades that means no more fumbling for your keys
Why hybrids make sense for the Australian market
Toyota Sydney Dealers like Phil Gilbert are receiving an increasing number of requests for hybrid vehicles like the RAV4. That’s because their technology could be a stepping stone into the world of electric cars - which right now are experiencing barriers preventing them from widespread adoptions across Australia.
Hybrid vehicles are safer, more efficient and more stylish than they once were. Australian drivers that want to save on fuel while travelling the vast landscape can be confident that hybrids will run up a lower bill at the petrol station while being kinder to the environment. As the manufacturer with the longest history of hybrids in Australia, Toyota still largely dominates the sector.
Toyota RAV4s for sale
With the space of a large SUV and the fuel economy of a hybrid, choose Toyota RAV4 used cars in Sydney and get on the road faster than those waiting for a new vehicle. Browse our Toyota RAV4 inventory online to see what’s in stock in Lidcombe and Croydon, and call us on 02 9715 9888 (Croydon) or 02 9735 8400 (Lidcombe) to make an enquiry.